In an entry I posted it time, told the strange events that had occurred at the Museum of Natural Science by Aboriginal bodies were in the building platense forest. Now I will tell other stories too mysterious, having to do with the Egyptian mummies found there .
The first occurred in the 1920's. In those days there was a lot d and the curse of Tutankhamun (famous Egyptian mummy discovered in 1922), then museum director, Luis Maria Torres, given permission to open the sarcophagus and to study the aging of mummies but became ill and had to resign . The position was taken by Augustus C. Scala, who was a botanist but lso t inquired about the mummies; but unfortunately died some time after a heart . strangely ill also two people who had participated in the opening of the sarcophagus : Gaggero and John Coñoel, but worse was the fate of U.S. employee not cleaning the museum, who died shortly . The city museum or
, Roque Diaz, also tells other strange events that happened and that are attributed to some indigenous mummies from Chile: " The carefully we get to see the outfit. Employees are sticking to the laboratory and do not dare to enter. It was a superstition. Coincidentally at that time, a January 1, 1970, I went on vacation. Within a fortnight, I had a terrible car accident and left me for dead. In those days, another guy who worked in the Administration was on the bike and also had an accident and were not the only " .
strange things also occurred in the 1980's with Egyptian mummies, and again the Roque Díaz recounts: " 30 years ago came the famous Dr. Gonzalez Toledo, who brought a very modern tomograph the Argentine Sanitarium . By then I was young and fond of Egyptology. And he wanted to get scans the mummies. So we had to carry in coffins to the Sanatorium. Came an ambulance and a paramedic lowered the mummies, and the load. was Sunday. " That's how they came to " two large sarcophagi and one boy, who belonged to a child mummy " people began to crowd to see what happened " So I told the doctor: 'Do you want people to leave? I deal with. " And I started to tell people that there was a curse of the mummies and when we wanted to see, and there was nobody . " However, the so-called curse seemed to have affected Roque and orderly they carried the mummies to the basement, " The longer we enter these lifts to fit stretchers. I do not know who pulled the boy, instead of going down we started up with a very rare move and we were locked in a mezzanine. And listen to me shouting 'Roque, Roque .... " Can you imagine?, The mummy in the sarcophagus, the orderly and me in the elevator. The orderly was white as a sheet and I jokingly say, 'Mum started acting' . " Remained trapped in the elevator for almost two hours until rescued by the technicians, who solved the problem " had been blown fuse. Never This happened. Just spent a Sunday and just with the mummy. The person who pulled the pendant might suppose I was nervous and could have pressed the wrong button, but to stand in the mezzanine was weird "[...]" When we finished, we took her out for a corridor along which to draw deceased. We were going to the shelter when they passed two elderly ladies, who were surprised and asked what it was. And what am I going to tell them. How I explained what I was doing an Egyptian mummy in the Argentine Sanitarium. Then I said, 'You know what happens, it was his last wish ...' . " Photos:
1. Photo of the Egyptian mummies are exhibited in the museum of the forest.
2. Smilodon statues that guard the museum.
3. Argentine hospital in street 56 between 12 and 13.
Sources:
"The 'curse' of the mummies," Diario Hoy, 5/1/2008
"A mummy to the Sanatorium Argentino" Diagonal Journal, 18/11/2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment