In 1913 Lisandro Olmos was built in a three-story building to serve as a hospital for tuberculosis patients. A few years later stopped working there, as cold and wet climate of this region was not the best to treat the condition, which is why the reform in 1935 to become the women's prison. care of the inmates was in charge of Good Shepherd Sisters, a congregation which he also managed and provided services in prisons and Buenos Aires.
Although the prison stopped working there in 1991 to be a hospital unit of Sharp, a legend that the ghost of a nun roams the halls of building 51 and 197. Eduardo tell that story Reichman (medical director of the TC) and Luis Amaya: " The Sisters of the Good Shepherd attended the inmates for years and years and now some of the staff and detainees say is walk the halls of the prison at night, the spirit of a nun who moves quietly . "
Photos:
1. Current photo of the building.
Sources:
"Stories and ghosts of the old prison for women", Diario El Dia, 26/4/2002